As we transition into fall, (which I am beyyyyyond exicted about!!!) I thought I'd pay one last homage to my love of pastels, blush tones and whites! I'm all about breaking the rules when it comes to seasonal colours...don't get me wrong, I do love fall fashion, but too many dark fall tones can get quite depressing!! Separate these pieces to mix them with deeper colours, and they're all the perfect fall staples!
Whoever invented FRIED APPLE RINGS should be granted guaranteed access to heaven!!! I have been seeing them everywhere on Pinterest lately so decided to make my own version (with a pinch of salt) … GENIUS and SO easy!!!!!
1. In a bowl, combine 2 cups of sugar, 1 tsp salt, 1 tbs of cinnamon for coating.
2. In a large skillet warm up a pound of shortening.
3. Sift all dry ingredients together. Mix all wet ingredients together in separate bowl.
4. Slice your apples, core them and use a round cookie cutter (or jar/glass) to create your apple rings.
5. Turn the temperature for your shortening up to medium (not too hot or it will burn!)
6. Dip your rings in the wet bowl, then the dry bowl, and then into the shortening. Flip when brown. Toss into sugar cinnamon bowl, set aside and repeat until all your apples have turned into little bites of heaven … then enjoy!
I know you've all been requestins a post on my beauty routine, so TODAY'S the day!!!!! My lovely makeup artist Kaitlin Hargreaves is sharing my favourite makeup products and every day routine with all of you!!!
First I PREP the skin with MAC fast response eye cream, gently massaging under and around the eye. Next, I use Eminence coconut moisturizer. Be sure to use Embryolisse moisturizer for very dry skin.
For the cheeks, I contour with a Ben Nye medium brown powder color from the top of the ear towards the mouth, ending two finger widths from the mouth. Apply Christian Dior blush in "lucky pink" on apples and bring upwards onto cheek bones and temples. Lightly dust Christian Dior nude bronzer in "Cinnamon" on high points (forehead, temples, cheeks, nose, chin.)
Have ANY of you lovelies checked out the AMAZING last minute sales going on!?!? Today is the LAST DAY of the J.CREW SALE!! I have posted some of my FAVORITE picks from the sale depending on each one of your style's!! You receive 25% off all of my picks above simply by entering the code SHOPFORFALL. Who doesn't love last minute fall deals??... I know I do!!!
Some of the other AWESOME sales going on are Old Navy 25% OFF with code: LEAF, Gap 25% OFF with code: HAPPY, Banana Republic 30% OFF with code: BRTODAY, and Vince Camuto 25% OFF with code: FRIENDS. Be sure to check them all out before the sale season ends!!!
Can't get enough of this CAMO trend right now...basically theeee perfect transition as we head into Fall, wouldn't you say?! Sharing a few of my favs with you today!!! And if you're scared of prints, muted camo is a GREAT place to start!