November 1, 2013 • 4:20 pm
Do you know what I've been craving alllllll week? Soup, soup, and more soup. I consider myself a bit of a soup nazi, in fact. And my all-time favourite? Tomato soup paired with a extra cheesy grilled cheese! There's nothing quite like it.
I posted this recipe a couple years ago, but since it's one of my cold weather go-tos, I thought it was about time to show it off again, if I may! Making your own soup seems like a daunting task that only the super elite kitchen pros can pull off, but I’m telling you this soup is literally the simplest dish I make and the total prep and cooking time is no more than 20 minutes.
More soup for you!
1 large can of diced tomatoes (if you have homemade canned even better! Go to the farmers market for the best!)
Half of 1 empty, large tomato can filled with water (use the can above!)
1 pack of Knorr Home-style Chicken Bouillon
1 tbsp of cream cheese
1 tbsp butter (or olive oil)
Salt & Pepper to taste
Handful of fresh basil chiffoned/chopped
1. Bring diced tomatoes, water and bouillon to a boil
2. With a handheld blender, blend tomatoes, water and bouillon
3. Add cream cheese, butter, salt, pepper and basil
4. Bring to a low boil
5. Remove from heat, let stand for 5 minutes
6. Serve & garnish with salt, pepper and more basil