June 29, 2012 • 12:54 pm
This morning I shared a yummy cocktail for my American friends to enjoy, and now I have the main showstoppers for my fellow Canucks! These two dishes are seriously incredible and absolutely perfect for your Canada Day festivities – plus they’re super easy so you don’t have to spend all day slaving over the grill!
Canadian Bacon & Pineapple Kabobs
• 1 pound Canadian bacon, cubed
• 1 red onion
• 1 pineapple cubed
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. These are seriously so easy – all you need to do is put your Canadian bacon, pineapple, and onion on the kabobs.
2. Then throw them on the grill until the Canadian bacon is browned and the pineapple is golden and caramelized, about 10 minutes.
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Apricots (holy smokes is this good)
• Dried Okanagan apricots
• Armstrong sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Cut your bacon width-wise into thirds.
2. Cut a little hole in your apricots and stuff them with the cheddar – the more cheese, the merrier if you ask me!
3. Wrap your bacon pieces around the stuffed apricots and secure with a toothpick.
4. Cook on the grill until the cheese is oozy-melty and the bacon is crispy.
5. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
Both of these are great to make as the host or bring to a friend’s Canada Day Cookout!
Happy Canada Day and enjoy!!
How are you celebrating Canada Day?