September 23, 2011 • 8:00 am
Last week you guys saw me toss an unexpected item on the grill with my grilled Caesar Salad and today I’m taking an unconventional approach to BBQ once again. You may think grilled peaches sound… interesting… but grilled fruit is seriously amazing. Pineapple, watermelon, and peaches are all prime BBQ candidates and I suggest you try it out while the produce is still in season!
This grilled peach recipe is full of unexpected tastes that are seriously yummy.
2-3 handfuls of arugula
Salt & pepper
1 sweet onion thinly sliced
Parmesan reggiano shaved
Chopped almonds or pecans
- Heat up BBQ on high for 5 minutes
- Cut peaches in half, remove seed
- Drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper on the cut side of the peaches
- Turn BBQ on medium low and place peaches face down on grill for 5-7 minutes
- Serve peaches on bed of arugula, top with shaved parmesan, chopped nuts and thinly sliced almond
- Drizzle with Tori’s dressing
Tori’s Salad Dressing
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1-2 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1-2 garlic cloves, crushed (2 if they are small)
Juice of one lemon or lime
2/3 cups of canola oil
Salt and pepper to taste
If you’re looking for more fresh salad recipes Carol’s watermelon salad is another favorite of mine.
And lastly, I have to say, I am LOVING all of the recipes you guys have posted in the forum. They all sound so good that I think I’ll just have to start featuring some of your recipes for Food Friday! So make sure you leave your favorite recipes and you could see them in an upcoming post.
P.S. Happy Friday my love bugs! What are you up to this weekend?!