July 13, 2012 • 6:00 am
Yippee! It’s Friday! And that means it’s time for another delicious recipe. I hope you’re hungry because this one is so delicious and so perfect for summer that my mouth is actually watering as I write out the recipe for you! It takes some time, but it is worth every second!
• 1 pork butt roast (Approximately 4 pounds)
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1 cup of Bulls-Eye Original barbecue sauce
• 1 package of Knorr’s Beef bouillon
• 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
• 1/4 cup brewed coffee
1. Cut roast in half. Rub each half with salt and pepper, cayenne and place in slow cooker or roasting pan. Pour half the broth and coffee over the meat.
2. Turn the slow cooker to low, or set Oven to 300C & Cook for 2-3 hours, then add remainder of liquids and cook for another 2-3 hours or until the roast is fork tender.
3. Remove the roast from the oven and let cool for about 15 minutes. Pull the meat off the bone with a fork.
4. You may add more Bulls-Eye (or your favorite) barbecue sauce after if you like a juicy pulled pork!
Sesame Pineapple Slaw
• 1 cup of diced fresh pineapple
• 3 cups shredded white and purple cabbage
• 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
• 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
• 1 tablespoon of black sesame seeds
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• Pinch of salt
Mix and enjoy!
YUM! These go so well together you’ll be going back for seconds and thirds.
What are your plans this weekend?