June 1, 2012 • 6:00 am
Happy Friday friends! I hope you’re hungry, because today I have a killer recipe that is so easy and delicious, you might even make it twice this weekend. Enjoy!
To-Die-For Cheese Toast (makes 6 servings)
• 6 slices of thick sliced French bread
• 2 small tomatoes, diced
• 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
• 1 1/2 cups shredded Tex-Mex cheese mix
• 1 teaspoon oregano
• 1 teaspoon basil
• Salt & pepper to taste
• 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1. In a medium bowl, mix parmesan, Tex-Mex mix, mayo, and all spices. Set aside.
2. Toast one side of bread on low broil in oven. Once toasty, butter the other side and toast the buttered side until golden brown.
3. Once cool enough to handle, spread the cheese mix onto the toast, then top with tomatoes and an extra dash of salt and pepper. Broil on low till cheese is gooey, golden, and melted.
This is a crowd pleaser so make lots! What’s your favorite way to reinvent toast?