October 4, 2011 • 8:00 am
I recently had the most amazing salad with beets and apples and I’ve been thinking that it would be a delicious and unique addition to Thanksgiving dinner!
Use ingredients that are from the garden and are true to our Canadian harvest- and get creative! Fresh, quality ingredients are what make this salad mouth-watering.
1 Fuji apple (or anything that is local and crunchy!)
6-8 large beets
1/4 cup crumbled feta or goat cheese
2-3 teaspoons chopped parsley (I like more... I would say 4 teaspoons!)
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp cider vinegar
1 tbsp honey
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Boil or steam beets for about 25-30 min
2. Let beets cool for a few minutes
3. Peel beets and cube into bite sized cubes
4. Cut apple into slices
5. Transfer beets and apples to a bowl
6. Toss beets and apple slices with dressing, coat well.
7. Top with cheese and parsley
What’s your go-to Thanksgiving salad?