October 7, 2011 • 8:00 am
I’m wrapping up my week of Thanksgiving recipes with my famous sweet treat that’s always a hit at Thanksgiving dinner. Added bonus about this one is your family will think you’re so creative (or a little crazy) making your cobbler on the BBQ!
2 granny smith apples, sliced & cored
2 ripe peaches, halved, sliced & pitted (important that the peaches are ripe)
å_ cup light brown sugar
1 stick salted butter, melted
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup granola (whatever kind you prefer) OR 1cup of rolled oats
- Turn on BBQ on high heat for 15 minutes
- Toss the cut peaches and apples with half the butter, sugar, and cinnamon
- Add mixture to baking dish
- Toss the rolled oats or granola with the remaining butter, sugar, and cinnamon and top mixture to baking dish
- Turn BBQ off and place cobbler on BBQ for 7-10 minutes
- Turn BBQ back on low and leave cobbler on until it’s golden- the cobbler will cook in about 15 minutes
*I also like to make my own whipped cream with this cobbler- just whip heavy cream in a cold bowl and add vanilla bean. For the vanilla bean you just cut it in half lengthwise and scrape the seeds into the cream.
What’s your favorite Thanksgiving dessert?