Whoever invented FRIED APPLE RINGS should be granted guaranteed access to heaven!!! I have been seeing them everywhere on Pinterest lately so decided to make my own version (with a pinch of salt) … GENIUS and SO easy!!!!!
- 4 large BC Tree Fruits McIntosh apples
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup of half and half
- 1 egg
- In a bowl, combine 2 cups of sugar, 1 tsp salt, 1 tbs of cinnamon for coating. In a large skillet warm up a pound of shortening.
- Sift all dry ingredients together. Mix all wet ingredients together in separate bowl.
- Slice your apples, core them and use a round cookie cutter (or jar/glass) to create your apple rings.
- Turn the temperature for your shortening up to medium (not too hot or it will burn!)
- Dip your rings in the wet bowl, then the dry bowl, and then into the shortening. Flip when brown. Toss into sugar cinnamon bowl, set aside and repeat until all your apples have turned into little bites of heaven … then enjoy!