Have you always dreamed of working alongside Jillian and being a valued member of Team Jilly? Well, that dream could very well become your reality! That’s right, we’re continuously growing and we’re eager to welcome some amazing new members to our team as opportunities arise.
To become a globally respected and loved lifestyle brand that prioritizes giving back and feel good practices while continuing to bring together all that life has to offer in a beautiful and creative way.
Giving back to our communities and helping those in need is one of the pillars of JillianHarris.com. We are so passionate about working with charities, and have made it a priority to support local organizations wherever and whenever we can.
We know that we have lots to learn and together as a whole, we are dedicated to continue to learn and grow in every way that we can.
We are committed to putting in the work and diversifying our brand through as many avenues as we can such as our team, contributors, partners, and affiliates.
To continue to always be transparent with my followers and disclose my relationship to a brand by using the paid partnership tool and appropriate hashtags.
Jillian Harris Design respectfully acknowledges that we live and work on the traditional, unceded territory of the Okanagan Syilx People.
Here at Team Jilly we live by our core values, we’re driven by our vision and mission statements and we’re inspired by our big hairy audacious goals. We are a fast paced company with LOTS on the go but don’t worry, we add a little fun in here and there for good measure.
Jillian Harris Design is a certified Living Wage Employer, which means that we pay all employees a living wage rate for our region. We are also in the process of becoming BCorp certified, which focuses on driving a global movement of people using business as a force for good. We are committed to building a sustainable and inclusive economy that works for everyone.
Join Our Team
Check Out Our Open Positions
As job opportunities become available we will make sure to list them below. If you see a job opening that piques your interest, make sure to apply. It’s important to note that we believe in growth and curiosity. If you have some of the qualities we are seeking and believe our opportunities will make you excited to come to work every day, then we want to hear from you!
Graphic Designer – The Jilly Box
Team Jilly Box is looking for a Graphic Designer to create innovative, beautiful, and timeless graphics and digital artwork while staying true to The Jilly Box!
Graphic Designer – The Jilly Box
Full Job Description
We respectfully acknowledge that we live and work on the traditional, unceded territory of the Okanagan Syilx People.
About The Jilly Box:
The Jilly Box is a quarterly subscription box that was founded in 2019 by Jillian Harris and Tyler Evans. Together, Jillian and Tyler wanted to establish a way to bring Jillian’s passion for design and creativity to light.
This curated lifestyle box is filled with products loved by Jillian Harris and Team Jilly Box! We are passionate about supporting small, eco-friendly, diverse, and cruelty-free brands across North America, all while looking pretty along the way. From apparel and accessories to beauty, home décor and more, discover the brands that are changing our lives and will change yours too!
About The Jilly Box Graphic Designer Role:
Team Jilly Box is looking for a Graphic Designer to create innovative, beautiful, and timeless graphics and digital artwork while staying true to The Jilly Box brand. This is a permanent, full-time position to join our growing team. We are looking for a self-starter who has exceptional organizational skills, a high level of integrity, and a keen eye for the smallest of details.
In this role, you will be expected to:
- Ensure all branding is up-to-date, relevant, and consistent.
- Create seasonal mood boards for brand outreach with inspirational products, colours, etc., based on Jillian Harris’ vision and creative direction.
- Create all internal branded documents and graphics to support various departments.
- Create social media graphics to promote seasonal box sales, product suppliers and infographics.
- Design our E-Newsletters.
- Work with suppliers for packaging design and review products for color and brand consistency, and provide approval on final print samples and logo use.
- Design and layout of The Jilly Box Magazine.
- Design of Seasonal Jilly Box box design and creating pre-press of files.
- Update website seasonally and design of website layouts in Shopify to support User Experience.
The Jilly Box team is excited to build their team in Kelowna, BC. The ideal candidate will be located in Kelowna or is willing to relocate.
The experience you bring:
- Diploma / Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design.
- Advanced knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Shopify, social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Proficient in typography, design basics and a keen eye for design details.
- Having knowledge in print and backend of websites is an asset.
- Excellent communication & analytical skills.
- A minimum of 2 years working as a graphic designer in the industry.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Experience in textile or apparel industry would be considered an asset.
Don’t sweat it if you don’t have everything listed above. We believe in growth and curiosity. If you have some of these qualities and believe this is the position that will make you excited to come to work every day, then we want to hear from you!
The interview process:
Applications are due by March 17th at 11:00 am PST.
- Phone screen.
- Remote 50-minute interview with Julie Horvath (she/her), Director of Operations and Shay Merritt (she/her), Creative Director.
- Remote final 20-minute video interview with Jillian Harris (she/her), Chief Creative Officer and Tyler Evans (she/her), Chief Executive Officer.
- Conduct reference and security checks.
- $55,000 – $70,000 annual salary.
Some of the incredible benefits & perks at The Jilly Box:
- Flexible time off including two weeks’ vacation, sick days, additional time throughout the year, and your birthday off – all paid of course!
- Health benefits including medical and dental coverage, a health spending account, disability insurance, access to free menstrual products, a home office stipend, and access to other accommodations as required to ensure your work setup works for you.
- Access to comprehensive mental health support, including an Employee and Family Assistance Program and a wellness platform (Lifeworks) for employee mental health and wellbeing support.
- Ongoing Diversity, Equity & Inclusion training.
- Relocation assistance, if you are moving to Kelowna to join our team.
- Continuing education opportunities and assistance.
- Employee gifting.
- Employee growth plans and career development training.
- A hybrid work environment.
- Other benefits you are eligible for after surpassing your 2-year anniversary include RRSP matching, fertility treatments, gender-affirming surgery support, hormone replacement therapy support and a parental support benefit.
The Jilly Box is committed to a fair and equitable hiring process for all candidates. To ensure that each candidate’s journey is consistent and the selection process is unbiased, the hiring managers and team members will not respond to any personal messages regarding this role or other opportunities.
We do not use fancy tech to search through resumes at The Jilly Box; every resume is reviewed by a human to ensure that we attain a consistent and equitable interview process. We look forward to seeing your application!
To apply, please submit your application via the application link (below).
The Jilly Box is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer committed to fostering an equitable, inclusive, and accessible workplace for all. We believe that candidates with disabilities have the right to accessible accommodations throughout the hiring process. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities. If you require any accommodations, please email hr @ jillybox.com and we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process. We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply.
Inclusivity at The Jilly Box:
The Jilly Box is committed to building a transparent environment where everyone feels heard, welcomed, and included. We believe Diversity, Inclusion, & Belonging are fundamental in our vision to create a better and more inclusive future. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, Black people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $55,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kelowna, BC: reliably commute or be willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (required)
- Please list which of the following you have experience in using: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Shopify, and which Social Media platforms you are familiar with.
- Graphic design: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Kelowna, BC
Application deadline: 2023-03-17
Listed on: March 1, 2023
Don’t see any open positions? No need to worry, we might not have any openings at this time but be sure to check back frequently or follow us on social @jhthebrand to be in the know when new opportunities are listed.
At Jillian Harris Design, we are committed to a fair and equitable hiring process for all candidates. To ensure that each candidate’s journey is consistent and the selection process is unbiased, the hiring managers will not be responding to any personal messages regarding this role or other opportunities.