Have you always dreamed of working alongside Jillian and being a valued member of Team Jilly? Well, that dream could very well become your reality! That’s right, we’re continuously growing and we’re eager to welcome some amazing new members to our team as opportunities arise.
To become a globally respected and loved lifestyle brand that prioritizes giving back and feel good practices while continuing to bring together all that life has to offer in a beautiful and creative way.
Giving back to our communities and helping those in need is one of the pillars of JillianHarris.com. We are so passionate about working with charities, and have made it a priority to support local organizations wherever and whenever we can.
We know that we have lots to learn and together as a whole, we are dedicated to continue to learn and grow in every way that we can.
We are committed to putting in the work and diversifying our brand through as many avenues as we can such as our team, contributors, partners, and affiliates.
To continue to always be transparent with my followers and disclose my relationship to a brand by using the paid partnership tool and appropriate hashtags.
Jillian Harris Design respectfully acknowledges that we live and work on the traditional, unceded territory of the Okanagan Syilx People.
Here at Team Jilly we live by our core values, we’re driven by our vision and mission statements and we’re inspired by our big hairy audacious goals. We are a fast paced company with LOTS on the go but don’t worry, we add a little fun in here and there for good measure.
Jillian Harris Design is a certified Living Wage Employer, which means that we pay all employees a living wage rate for our region. We are also in the process of becoming BCorp certified, which focuses on driving a global movement of people using business as a force for good. We are committed to building a sustainable and inclusive economy that works for everyone.
Join Our Team
Check Out Our Open Positions
As job opportunities become available we will make sure to list them below. If you see a job opening that piques your interest, make sure to apply. It’s important to note that we believe in growth and curiosity. If you have some of the qualities we are seeking and believe our opportunities will make you excited to come to work every day, then we want to hear from you!
Digital Content Creator & Editor
As the in-house Digital Content Creator & Editor, you will be looking after all our video needs across our multiple brands.
Digital Content Creator & Editor
Jillian Harris Design (JHD) respectfully acknowledges that we live and work on the traditional, unceded territory of the Okanagan Syilx People. JHD is excited to build their team in Kelowna, B.C. The ideal candidate will be located in Kelowna or willing to relocate within 2-3 months.
Hi, I’m Shay Merritt, COO at Jillian Harris Design Inc. I have been with Team Jilly for 9 years and have been through all the growth phases within the company. Looking back, I can’t believe how much we have grown and what we have accomplished over the years. We started as a small start-up with just Jillian and myself and have consistently grown over the years to now include 20+ team members that leads an umbrella of various companies including The Jilly Box Inc., The Jilly Academy, Jilly Digital, Jilly Farms, Jilly Properties, The Farm and hopefully more in the near future.
As the in-house Digital Content Creator & Editor, you will be looking after all our video needs across our multiple brands. You will have a passion for video production and storytelling, including a wide array of different videos from physical products to lifestyles to locations. You will take the initiative to produce, schedule, create and edit video content that fits our brand and can bring Jillian (& team)’s vision to life. You will be working closely with Jillian, our COO and photographer.
Jillian Harris Design has grown into a globally respected lifestyle brand that prioritizes charity initiatives and giving back to our community. We continue to bring together all that life has to offer in a beautiful and creative way. We are a hard-working and dedicated team which in return is extremely rewarding to be a part of. We have always possessed a growth mindset and encouraged our employees to think outside the box. We pride ourselves as innovators in the Digital Creator space and are dedicated to continuously learning and improving our business practices. This job can be whatever you make it to be, so dream big and set your goals high.
Our mission at Jillian Harris Design is to be a daily escape and place where people can come to laugh and learn while building an inspired and supported community that celebrates the art of creative living. As of right now, the brands and businesses under the Jillian Harris Design Inc. include Jilly Academy, Jilly Box, Jilly Farm, Jilly Digital, Jillian Harris Design, York & James, and potentially more in the future!
- Videography (planning, producing, organizing, filming, and editing) for all brands and businesses under the Jillian Harris Design Inc. umbrella, including Jillian Harris, Jillian Harris Design, The Jilly Box, Jilly Digital, and The Jilly Academy, The Farm.
- Organizing, producing, scheduling, setting up shot lists, and coordinating with the respective team to execute on video shoots for product launches.
- Creating shot lists, scripting and storyboards with other team members to ensure projects run smoothly
- Organizing Dropbox- editing, uploading, organizing all videography into folders.
- Brainstorming creative video content ideas and strategiesKeeping your finger on the pulse for all things trending for social content.
- Maintaining our brand image and style is consistent across all brands.
- Keeping inclusivity top of mind at all times by Inserting closed captioning, graphics, or other on-screen text into a video.
The Experience You Bring
- You have experience in a videographer role with a strong understanding of video editing, video formats and platforms, including YouTube, Instagram and TikTok.]
- You have experience working with professional video equipment, audio and lighting equipment.
- You have experience in Adobe Creative, specifically Premiere Pro and After Effects.
- You bring a creative and technical ability to the team and demonstrate this in a portfolio of work.
- You have a sharp eye for detail and are creative.
- You are patient and understanding of working under time constraints.
- You can multitask, solve problems, stay organized and do things proactively
- You have a well-developed artistic and creative aesthetic.
- You enjoy learning new techniques and staying on top of trends and styles.
- You have a valid driver’s license and own vehicle
Don’t sweat it if you don’t have everything listed above. We believe in growth and curiosity. If you have some of these qualities and believe this is the position that will make you excited to come to work every day, then we want to hear from you!
Applications are due by Friday, November 12th at 4 pm (EST).
Please provide a link to your video portfolio, your social handles and your most recent reel.
Desired start date – January 4, 2022
Interviewing process includes
Step 1: Remote interview with Jade, Talent Advisor, from the Bloom Team
Step 2: Remote video interview with Mindy Crawford (Marketing Director) and Emi Horne (Current Videographer)
Step 3: Remote video interview with Shay Merritt (COO) and Jillian Harris (Founder)
Step 4: Remote video interview with The Jilly Box Team, Tyler Evans (Co-founder) and Julie Horvath (Operations Manager)
Step 5: Reference Check & Criminal Background Check
Step 6: Offer
Following the advice of Canadian health authorities, to mitigate the risk of potential spread of COVID-19 and support social distancing, all recruiting activities including interviews and new hire onboarding will be conducted virtually.
Salary Range: $50,000 – $70,000 CAD
Perks at Jillian Harris Design
- Flexible time-off including 2 weeks paid vacation, sick days, flex days, and even your birthday off
- Health benefits including medical coverage, dental coverage, health spending account, and disability insurance.
- Education benefit of $2,500 per calendar year after surpassing your 6 month anniversary
- RRSP matching after surpassing your 2 year anniversary Bright, beautiful office space to work in
- $2500 CAD Relocating budget, if applicable.
How We Hire
Jillian Harris Design is committed to a fair and equitable hiring process for all candidates. To ensure that each candidate’s journey is consistent and the selection process is unbiased, the hiring managers will not be responding to any personal messages regarding this role or other opportunities.
Jillian Harris Design is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities. If you require any accommodations, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process. We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply.
Inclusion at Jillian Harris Design
Jillian Harris Design is committed to building a transparent environment where everyone feels heard, welcomed and included. We believe Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging are fundamental in our vision to create a better and more inclusive future. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, Black people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Listed on: November 8, 2021
Don’t see any open positions? No need to worry, we might not have any openings at this time but be sure to check back frequently or follow us on social @jhthebrand to be in the know when new opportunities are listed.
At Jillian Harris Design, we are committed to a fair and equitable hiring process for all candidates. To ensure that each candidate’s journey is consistent and the selection process is unbiased, the hiring managers will not be responding to any personal messages regarding this role or other opportunities.