With the long weekend just around the corner I wanted to share with you this super EASSSSSYYYY Beer Queso recipe. Itt will not only have your friends and family drooling …. but it will also be a time AND life saver to allow you to spend as much time outside having fun as possible. Which is why it’s perfect for the long weekend. Heck, it’ll basically save you time … it’s that easy!!! I love bringing this recipe out to my friends and family and watching their taste buds burst from the mixture of flavours. Serve this up poolside, boat side, patio side or anything side this weekend so that you can sit back relax and enjoy your time with good company.
1 tablespoon Butter
1 tablespoon Flour
1 small Onion, finely chopped
1 Tomatoe diced
1 small Jalapeño Pepper finely chopped
1/2 cup Corona
1 cup Butter Milk
1-2 cups Sharp Cheddar, grated
Juice from half a lime
* cilantro to sprinkle on top if you love it as much as I do!
1. In a sauce pan, melt butter with onions. Simmer until onions are translucent and then add corona. Reduce heat to low.
2. In a cup, mix flour and buttermilk until smooth. Add to onion mixture with jalapeños & tomatoes.
3. On low, slowly add cheddar until smooth and creamy. SLOWLY add lime juice.
4. Taste test, add salt and pepper if desired!
5. And of course sprinkle cilantro on top of everything … if you love it as much as I do!!
Happy EARLY long weekend my loves!!! Do you have anything fun planned!?!?
Yum! I will take a bunch of this please!!
Any substitutes for the butter milk?
Can the beer queso be made ahead and reheated, or does it ruin the texture and flavour?