I have finally found my booties for the season!!! I’ve already been wearing them on a daily basis (if you follow me on Instagram, I’m sure you’ve already seen them). But … they gave me the idea to write a blog about HOW I shop for boots and what I look for. SO without further ado … these are the 5 key things I look for when shopping for the perfect pair of booties:
- First and foremost, they need to fit and be comfortable
- They also need to have the perfect sized heel – not too high and not too flat, but just right
- Quality is always important because they need to stand the test of time so you can wear them season after season
- They need to be a neutral colour so that they match everything
- The height of the actual boot is also important. They can’t be too short or too tall … they need to be a happy medium so you can wear them with everything from dresses, to pants, to shorts …
These babies check all these boxes for me. Oh, and the best part …. they are ethically made in Mexico and designed here in CANADA by my good friends at Poppy Barley. I met these ladies a few years ago for coffee and they still cease to amaze me with their dedication to the industry and their unique creations … uncompromised style, unreal comfort, unmatched quality (pretty much EVERYTHING a momma-to-be wants on her feet). Poppy Barley is creating a new standard in the footwear industry by rethinking every step of traditional and mass manufacturing. I love supporting them whenever I can and suggest you do the same!!!
If you’re wondering what or HOW to wear little booties like this, you can really wear them with anything!! My personal prego preference lately is with a cute pair of skinny jeans or leggings in the spring. But I will definitely be switching to shorts and dresses in the summer.
If you’re in Vancouver and want to check out these gorgeous girls and their gorgeous shoes … they have a pop-up shop coming up that is totally worth checking out…
What are your must-haves when it comes to boot shopping?? Let me know in the comments below … Oh and make sure to check back tomorrow for all the details and a special sale on the outfit I’m wearing!!