Ok, everybody (new mama to be’s, in particular), let’s talk about DIAPERS. From conversations I’ve had, I feel like this a touchy subject and funny enough, VERY talked about subject when it comes to new babes. HOW does one even begin to make the decision on what diapers to go with for their babe?! Cloth, disposable, natural, or novelty (you know, the ones with the strawberries on the toosh)?? … It’s a tough decision, I don’t know how you mamas did it … it took me A LOT of back and fourth. But before I dig into all of the nitty-gritty details here with you, I should clarify that this blog IS sponsored (thank you Pampers for powering the site today!). However, I also want to mention that the reason WHY we took this sponsorship on is because we genuinely have been using Pampers Swaddlers for a while now, almost exclusively.
Let’s backtrack a little bit here so you can understand what brought us to this decision to use Pampers … When I was pregnant with Leo, one of the things I daydreamed about was diapers (is that weird?? Am I the only one who did that??). I pondered about always having my baby in those cute diapers with the adorable prints on them … I mean, just think of all of the swoon-worthy photos you can get with these?! LOL!! And then my mind would change and I was determined to be one of those moms who used cloth diapers. Needless to say, sanity took precedent and we made the decision to go with disposable.
In addition to our crazy travel and work schedules there were a few other factors we took into consideration when choosing diapers for Leo, and I wanted to share them with you below so YOU could also have a little guideline when choosing which diapers you feel would work best with your lifestyle and your babe. Consider it my personal “diaper checklist” lol!! Here we go …
1. Night time: The moment Leo falls asleep is the time when I finally have some time to catch up on life and as I’m blasting through emails, returning messages, responding to comments on social media, the LAST thing I want is a wet or dirty diaper waking him up. Seriously, if the diaper doesn’t outlast Leo’s sleep, that’s not going to fly in this household. Mama needs to stay on top of things the best she can! Another bonus? Pamper’s Swaddlers have a “wetness” indicator” so I know when Leo needs to be changed without having to wake him up to check.
2. Blow-outs: Yup. Blow-outs. Explosive, messy, make me gag, hold my breath until I feel like I’m going to pass out blowouts … if a diaper can handle these unfortunate events and I don’t have to be cleaning up an undesirable mess in the middle of a restaurant, or in my vehicle … COUNT ME IN. Remember that blowout we had in the car over the holidays and I was gagging?? LOL!!
Ps. You’re probably way ahead of me here and already thought of this, but don’t forget to stock up on baby wipes … we learned this the hard way … LOL! Now we have wipes in my car, Justin’s truck, Leo’s diaper bag, all over the house, in the nursery, etc. Lately, We’ve been testing out Pampers Sensitive Wipes, they’re hypoallergenic, perfume-free and THICK … (thank goodness) … LOL!
3. Cute patterns: YES!!! I LOVE cute patterns!!! UNTIL I have to clean up a blowout. LOL!! Having a variety of cutesy patterns to choose from is great and they look AWESOME in photos (I actually still have some saved in Leo’s closet for special occasions and photo shoots), BUT nothing ruins a WHITE photoshoot more that a diaper that craps out (pun intended LOL!)… decisions, decisions … fancy or functional … the struggle is real. LOL! Luckily our go-to diapers have a cute Sesame Street design and are reliable.
4. Comfort: We’re happy when Leo is happy and being that he’s in a diaper all day long we go for diapers that move with him, diapers that have some elasticity, that stretch, and that are most importantly, COMFY for him!!
5. Affordability: Obviously all of you are aware of how much babies poop but we honestly weren’t aware or mentally prepared for JUST how much they poop. Holy sh*t!!! Literally!! We’re constantly cleaning up dirty diapers these days LOL … poop is now a common topic in our home which means that affordable AND functional diapers are a necessity in this poopy household. LOL!!
I’m also REALLY excited to tell you that Pampers has graciously arranged a donation of 180 packs of Pampers Baby Dry Diapers to be delivered to BabyGoRound (Vancouver, BC) AND 30 cases of Pampers Baby Dry diapers to be delivered to Mama for Mamas (Kelowna, BC) in June!!
For the seasoned diaper changing mama’s out there, what do YOU look for in a diaper?? Share your comments below!!
Thank you Pampers for sponsoring this post. All comments and opinions are my own.