What’s a Cinco De Mayo party without the perfect cocktail?! These delicious Watermelon Jalapeño Margaritas are the perfect hit of spice, salt, and sweetness and will surely be the LIFE of your party! This margarita is made with juicy watermelon, roasted jalapeños, lime juice, agave syrup … TEQUILA (of course ?) and finished off with pretty pink Himalayan salt
Feel free to play around with this recipe and adjust as you like! If you’re typically not a fan of heat you can skip the roasted jalapeños all-together but if you’re staying true to the recipe I definitely suggest to remove the seeds and the skin from the roasted jalapeños before adding them to your blender cause my first batch was SPICYYY!!!
If you prefer to have this marg less on the sweet side, feel free to skip the agave syrup if you prefer a cocktail that’s more on the tart side! Don’t be afraid to make a few batches and taste test along the way … just be warned … you might not make your Cinco De Mayo party if you do that … ?
Ps. If you REALLY want to ramp up your Cinco De Mayo cocktails serve your margaritas with a slice of watermelon on the side OR hollow out a mini watermelon and pour the margarita inside for your guests to sip on … the only trouble with these is the fact that you can’t put them down … or wait a minute … IS that a problem for a party?? LOL!!
- Juice of 3 limes
- 3 cups cubed watermelon
- 3 jalapeños (sliced in half and roasted)
- 1 tbsp agave
- 4 oz tequila
- 1 cup ice
- Healthy pinch of Himalayan salt
- Cut jalapeños in half and toss in olive oil, place them in your oven on 350 degrees Fahrenheit on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and roast until the jalapeños have softened and are slightly charred. Set aside and let cool.
- Once your jalapeños are cooled, remove the seeds and the skin.
- Add cubed watermelon, lime juice, agave, tequila, pinch of Himalayan salt and ice to blender and blend until fairly smooth. From here start adding in your roasted jalapeños. I would suggest start by adding one half to the blender, blend the margarita, taste test, and add more depending on how spicy you want it.
- Once you're happy with the flavour of the margarita, rim your glasses with Himalayan salt and pour margarita evenly into four glasses. Garnish with a slice of watermelon or lime and enjoy!