Everyone has little quirks about them that you don’t really KNOW until you get to reallllllly know someone. I was thinking about all of the different questions I get asked and all the things you don’t actually KNOW about ME!!! And well, I thought I would share some of those little things with you so we can get to know each other a little bit better!! Without further ado …. here are 25 things you PROBABLY don’t know about me …
1. I don’t usually dig new music. My genre of choice is anything from the 80’s and 80’s Country. Tanya Tucker, Clint Black, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Boy George, Cindy Lauper …
2. I am a list MANIAC. I have lists everywhere. I use my notes in my phone, Wunderlist, but I also have lists ALL over my house.
3. I absolutely love gardening and horticulture. I have since I was a little girl. When we bought our house I fell in love with the garden (which is really hard to keep up with my schedule) because it looks like a garden from England! Tons of hydrangeas, wisteria, peonies, lilacs, dogwood, lavender, Japanese maple, boxwood, rhododendrons, and roses!!! I spend a TON of time out in my garden every year … it’s one of my favourite hobbies!
4. I have a really weird little bump on my hip that Justin calls my ‘push start.’ I’ve had it looked at so many times and its just ‘nothing’ … I was going to get it removed but Justin likes it … maybe one day I’ll show you lol
5. I’m really small. Well … 5’2. When I was little everyone was worried that there was something wrong with me because I was ‘so small’ so I spent a week in the Children’s Hospital… turns out, I’m just small LOL …
6. My mom was going to name me Janelle but then she watched a soap opera and there was a girl named Jillian on the show, and she loved her so … Jillian became my name!
7. I kept the ring from the Bachelor.
8. I LOVE Marmite. I eat it almost every day on toast.
9. I can never figure out how to spell decisions or Wednesday.
10. This is probably because my first 10 years of school were French Immersion so English was never my strong suit.
11. I can’t really speak french anymore. ZOOT!
12. Everyone asks what my tattoo is on my foot. It says Marjorie, which is my granny’s name. She’s wild and hilarious and I thought it would be a fun 80th birthday present lol…
13. I work in Vancouver, Canada during the week but drive “home” to Kelowna EVERY single weekend to be near my family. We rent a little place in Vancouver but our house is in Kelowna … makes for quite the schedule!
14. I have a huge crush on Jimmy Kimmel. When I was on his show I thought I was going to die.
15. I have been on the Ellen, Jimmy Kimmel, and Regis & Kelly shows TWICE… THANK YOU Bachelor Nation!
16. I store candy in my nightstand. Usually any kind of gummy will do.
17. I hate showering. If I didn’t have a job that was on TV I would probably go a few days without showering!! But I also LOVE the feeling of being clean!!!
18. I’m a neat FREAK … I need a clean house at all times!!!
19. I used to make fun of vegetarians and think everything was better with bacon (I’m ashamed to share that now lol).
20. I think poop and fart jokes are funny …
21. Despite everything I juggle, I’m actually very impatient and quite disorganized. I’m late for EVERYTHING and if I don’t put it in one of my lists or in iCal, it ain’t happening.
22. I like eating other people’s food and always have food FOMO.
23. I hate umbrellas I find them super inconvenient and annoying.
24. I don’t pay attention to expiry dates. If it’s not mouldy or doesn’t smell rancid I’ll do a taste test… If it passes I’m gonna eat it.
25. I lost my licence for speeding when I was in my 20’s. I was so embarrassed I never told anyone and just kept driving… Very very cautiously (I hope I don’t get arrested now).
Now … what about you!!!! Share something about yourself that I don’t know in the comments below!!!!