Are you looking for the perfect Mother’s Day breakfast to surprise your mom with this weekend!?!?! Look no further … these pineapple ring pancakes are fresh, sweet, delicious and a little bit different from the regular ol’ pancakes!! They will be a crowd pleaser not only for Mother’s Day but all summer long … I promise!! I love how much space the pineapple takes up … it makes you eat less of the actual pancake batter but be just as satisfied!! You almost think you’re cheating lol!!! Thank you Fraiche Nutrition for coming up with this pure genius recipe …
1 large pineapple, peeled, cored & cut into 1/4” horizontal slices
3 tbsp. melted butter
2 c. flour
¼ c. sugar
2 ½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
2 c. buttermilk*
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
*If you don’t have buttermilk you can add 1 Tbsp. of white vinegar or lemon juice to your regular milk and let it sit for 5 minutes as a substitute.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan or microwave and cool.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with a fork and add the buttermilk, vanilla and cooled melted butter
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until mixed: do not over mix! It will still look lumpy.
- Heat a griddle or large pan with a small amount of vegetable oil on medium heat until the oil sizzles when a drop of water is added to the pan.
- Using a set of tongs, dip each pineapple slice into the batter and cook until lightly brown on each side.
- Enjoy with whatever you like to dress your pancakes with. These are amazing with a dollop of coconut yogurt!
Happy Mother’s Day weekend!! How are YOU celebrating with the mother figures in your life!? Let me know in the comments below …