Calling all you multifaceted, busy bodies! We know that a never-ending task list or trying to balance your personal and professional lives can be hard on your mind, body and soul! To help keep you functioning at full capacity, we have put together some quick, easy recipes to boost your brain power! Get ready to feel empowered with these four on-the-go snacks!
1. Ambition & Antioxidants Smoothie
Jill sure does love a breakfast smoothie, it’s a great way to get you ready to take on the day! To boost your brain power we’re going to make a blueberry smoothie! Why blueberry? They are an antioxidant superfood PACKED with potassium and vitamin C (which is GREAT for your overall brain health).
- 1 cup blueberries
- ½ banana
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 spoonful of Peanut Butter
- Splash of Milk (of your choice)
- Place all of your ingredients into a blender
- Poor into your favourite cup
2. Goal Getter Snack
We love a grab and go snack to get you from meeting to meeting or to help get your creative juices flowing! If you’ve been following our team for a while you know that we love our nut mixes, and there are LOTS of benefits to incorporating this snack into your daily routine including improving memory, mood, cognitive function and attention capacity! YES PLEASE!
Create mixes that feature some of these goodies:
- Walnuts: high concentration of DHA (Omega-3 fatty acid)
- Almonds and Hazelnuts (high concentration of vitamin E)
- Pumpkin seeds (rich in vitamins and minerals)
- Turmeric (anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant)
- Dark chocolate (magnesium and antioxidants)
3. Entrepreneur Energy Balls
An energizing and brain boosting bite-sized snack for on the go? Sign us up! This is the perfect mid-day pick me up for all you entrepreneurial souls out there AND it’s so quick to make! These ingredients will be a major source of vitamins and minerals to help support your busy body and mind!
- ½ cup nut butter
- ½ cup hemp hearts
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 6 dates
- Let the dates soften in warm water
- Mix all of the ingredients together
- Place everything in food processor
- Roll into bite sized balls
- Place in fridge to set
4. Sweet Success Apple Crisp Bites
Ending the day on a sweet note with this next recipe! To keep with the theme of easy, bite sized snacks we’ve deconstructed an apple crisp for you to enjoy as you multi-task or sit down to enjoy time with your family and friends! The mix of apples, oats and cinnamon gives you major fiber and anti-inflammatory superpower!
- 4 Apples
- 1 cup Oats
- 1 tsp of Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup (or honey!)
- ⅓ cup of chopped Pecans (optional)
- Set your oven to 350°
- Slice apples into bite sized pieces
- Mix oats, cinnamon and syrup
- Place slices onto baking sheet
- Paint your slices with extra maple syrup
- Put mix onto slices
- Bake for 30 mins
- Voila! Snack sized crispy goodness!
We hope you love these brain food recipes and feel ready to tackle that to-do list! Make sure to tag @thejillyacademy in your recipe reels. Interested in learning more about food styling and content creation? You can find all of that information and more in Course Two: The Content Creator! We spill all of Team Jilly’s tips and tricks.
PSA: all of our bodies are unique and these are generalized wellness tips, please consult with your doctor or nutritionist to see what will work best for you!