This year, one of my main goals is to simplify all aspects of my life. Whether it be fashion, food, beauty or decor, I want to zone in on what matters most. I want to be able to reduce the daily fuss and stress that we put on ourselves when it’s not necessary. I hope that with doing so, I will be able to make more time for myself to do the things that I LOVE and haven’t been able to do before. I think by simplifying everything, and I mean EVERYTHING is a great place to start. Follow my 5 simple lifestyle tips below to help simplify your life.
1. Consider Easy Layers | If you’re on the go, or are short on time when it comes to outfit selection, opt for clothing with built-in layers. Layering can help spruce up an otherwise dull outfit without much fuss or thought! Alternatively, simplify your jewelry to one classic staple piece like a gold watch.
2. Count on a Bold Lip | To make a beauty statement with minimal effort, reach for your favourite lipstick or crayon to add a pop of colour. A bold lip allows for the rest of your make-up to be minimal and kept more neutral. Layer your lips using a lipbalm first to ensure they are not dry or chapped before applying your lipstick.
3. Freshen Up | Don’t overcomplicate things when you’re in need of a quick, fresh boost! In any situation, whether a night out with friends or at a dinner party, simply pop in a stick of Excel Naturally Sweetened Gum for a fresh boost without sugar substitutes, artificial sweeteners and colours. Keep packs in your purse for easy access on-the-go.
4. Decorate with Texture | A simple way to make big impact in any room is by including elegant décor items for added texture. Keep it simple – to add dimension to any space, include a sleek mirror, or throw faux fur to add some interest to flat furniture.
5. Sharing is Caring | When hosting your next dinner party, or a get-together with friends, consider creating small, sharing plates everyone can enjoy versus slaving over main courses. Keep it simple with classic favourites such as a nice charcuterie board, captain’s kale ceaser salad, and simple pasta dishes. Sharing plates are both a fun and simple way for any group to enjoy a bit of everything and allow for you to sit back and enjoy the party!
Do you have any other tips to simplify your life??? Share them with me in the comments below …
Thank you Excel for sponsoring this post. All comments and opinions are my own.