Correct me if I’m wrong, but nothing beats a dessert that’s also healthy. Scouring the grocery aisles for something healthy, store-bought and sweet is next to impossible (if you do find something, buy the entire shelf). I’ve never been satisfied with anything that I’ve found, so I rolled up my sleeves, put the apron on and decided to try making something myself. I can’t believe how easy, delicious, AND healthy the finished product was – all at the same time!!! I am a lover of all things coconut and honestly didn’t think anything would come close to a regular coconut brownie. Until I tried these.
These babies kick my sweet tooth in the butt while still being healthy, and give that extra bit of energy with the addition of Genuine Health Vegan Greens +O.
1 large 14 oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
½ c. cocoa
¼ tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. coconut extract
½ c. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. honey
¼ c. milk or coconut milk
1 tsp. baking powder
¼ cup melted butter or coconut oil
2 scoops Vegan Greens +O natural vanilla
½ c. shredded sweetened coconut
¼ c. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips.
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line a 9″x 9″ baking pan with parchment paper or grease individual baking forms of your choice.
2. Combine all ingredients except the coconut and chocolate chips in a blender and mix until smooth.
3. Stir ¼ c. of the coconut into the mixture and pour into the prepared pan or mold.
4. Sprinkle the brownies with the shredded coconut and the chocolate chips (you can alternate or combine them, completely up to you!).
5. Bake for approximately 25 minutes for the larger pan and about 20 minutes for the smaller brownies using the individual molds. The brownies will be done when they are set (you will notice that the brownies won’t jiggle when you gently shake the pan).
6. Remove from the oven and let it rest in the pan for 15-20 minutes before cutting.
What is your favourite healthy and sweet treat!?