Today, my lovely cousin and newly contributor (YAY!!!!!) Tori of Fraiche Nutrition is sharing an AMAAAAZING twist on her famous Angel Cakes!!! This version of her pancakes is hands down THE BEST version she has ever made, so I knew I HAD to share the recipe with you! These pancakes are the perfect treat to make this weekend! BIG thanks to Tori for the photos and this delicious recipe!
3 tbsp. melted butter
2 c. flour
¼ c. sugar
2 ½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
3 c. buttermilk
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. grated lemon rind
2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1/2 c. ricotta cheese
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan or microwave and cool.
2. In a large bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with a fork and add the buttermilk, vanilla, lemon, ricotta and cooled melted butter.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until mixed: do not over mix! It will still look lumpy.
5. Heat a griddle or pan with a small amount of vegetable oil on medium heat, pour into pancake shapes of your choice, and flip when the bubbles appear on the top and the bottom is golden brown.
6. Enjoy with whatever you like to dress your pancakes with.
Happy pancake making!!!
CANNOT wait to try these out! They sound delicious! I will be dressing mine with some blackberries.
I was so hoping these would turn out better, but the mixture is extremely wet and was actually much better suited to make crepes than pancakes. Kind of a bummer.
I made these and they were just yummy! Loved how moist they are, and the lemon is so nice. I had them with a little real butter, and a little good maple syrup.