Hey guys! I’m going to start featuring guest blogs from some of my very favorite people and this week’s Food Friday is coming to you courtesy of my amazing cousin Tori and her awesome hubby Charles. I am positive these two are the best cooks in the world so enjoy!
Cedar Plank Salmon
3. Soak the salmon in the brine in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours and up to 24 hours.
4. Pull the salmon out of the brine 1/2 hour before cooking to bring it to room temperature.
5. While the salmon is soaking in the brine, submerge your cedar plank (you can purchase these specifically for this purpose) in water for 2-6 hours.
6. Heat your barbeque to medium heat. Place the plank on the grill for 60 seconds or just until it starts to smoke.
7. Season the salmon with canola oil on both sides and salt and pepper to taste on the top.
2. Once heated, place washed spears of rapini (large bunch) in the pan and toss with salt and pepper and a dash of fresh lemon juice.
3. Remove from heat after about five minutes and mix in about 2-3 tablespoons of freshly grated parmesan cheese while warm.
Classic Green Salad
4 cups washed baby spinach
1 diced tomato
1 diced red or yellow pepper
1/4 cup diced red onion
1/2 long English cucumber, diced
2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
You can use your favorite dressing, but here’s my homemade version.
1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
1-2 tablespoons of sugar
3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
1-2 garlic cloves, crushed (2 if they are small)
Juice of one lemon or lime
2/3 cup of canola oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Mix all of the ingredients together except for the oil and salt and pepper (you can use a whisk, but my preferred tool is an aerolatte whipper because they are perfect for blending dressings).
2. Once mixed, pour in the oil in a constant slow stream while blending.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Tori & CharlesP.S. What’s your go-to meal for summer entertaining? Share below!