Well it’s that time of year….time to start thinking about quick, easy, and cheap hostess presents. With all of the holiday parties happening I always want to come up with unique hostess gifts. All thanks to Tori, she has come up with the PERFECT idea for ANY hostess….who doesn’t love gold flaked pretty much ANYTHING!!!!
1/2 lb. good quality white chocolate, chopped
1/2 lb. good quality dark chocolate, chopped
2 cups plain roasted almonds
1 tsp. edible gold flakes (available in specialty food shops)
- Prepare a flat surface with parchment paper approximately 2 feet long.
- Gently melt the white and dark chocolate in separate bowls over a double boiler or in metal bowls placed over simmering water. Be careful to avoid getting any water in the chocolate.
- Divide the almonds in half, and stir one half of the almonds into each bowl of chocolate to combine.
- Starting with the white chocolate, randomly place large spoonfuls of the almond mixture around the parchment paper, leaving some gaps in between.
- Take the dark chocolate and spoon the mixture in large spoonfuls in between the white chocolate in the blank spaces.
- Using a small spatula or knife, drag the utensil in between and through the chocolate piles to achieve the marble effect.
- While the chocolate is still wet, sprinkle with the edible gold flakes.
- Allow to sit for at least 4 hours or until fully set up. Break into chunks before serving or packaging up.
Happy holidays to you and your loved ones!!!