Well, as most of you know Justin and I have been EXTREMELY busy over the last few months … together we purchased our very first fixer upper house which we have been working tirelessly on (amongst MANY others things) … but … while most of you know what I’m up to on a daily basis you don’t necessarily know just how much Justin is taking on as well!!!
That’s right … not only is he helping out MAJORLY with OUR fixer upper but he is also working on his OWN very first development project in addition to running his business, Scrub Captain!!!!!
I’m about to give you a little bit of a “sneak peek” into this project of his and you’re probably wondering WHY I’m sharing this with you … well …to be honest it’s a bit of a shameless plug as I want to support my love and HIS ventures as well!!!! I’m honestly sooo freakin proud of him!!!! The amount of work he has on his plate is insane and … the whole project is pretty damn cool!!! LOL!!!!
The development is called The Stockwell and it’s located in downtown Kelowna, our hometown!!!! They’re offering 1 and 2 bedroom homes with fresh contemporary interiors, quartz counter-tops, modern exterior finishes, stainless steel appliances … 9 foot ceilings … a community garden … ACTUALLY, I was able to spend some time with the design team and go over the finishes so it definitely has my stamp of approval!!!
Here’s what it looks like on the outside …
Even though Justin and I are taking on this massive reno of ours, there’s definitely an appeal to buying new that ALREADY has me envious of the potential homeowners of these new units!!! There’s definitely some pros and cons to both, buying new and purchasing a fixer upper … but if you’re in the market for buying a new condo here are some of the perks for you!!!
1. It’s a FRESH start: As fun as fixing something up can be … someone … or MULTIPLE families have already lived there before you!! When you buy new there will be no traces of former tenants and it’s basically a blank canvas for you to start a new chapter in your life!!
2. You get what you WANT: Lol I’m sure ALL of the ladies would agree with me here that this is IMPORTANT to us!!! Especially when you’re buying new … many developers will offer customized options, upgrades and color palette selections that allow you to put your personal touch on a new home!! Ummm YES!!!! For example … The Stockwell has 1 and 2 bedroom homes and you can literally choose between 5 floor plans that offer tranquil mountain or pleasant city views.
3. Brand NEW appliances: LOL!!! Is it weird that this gets me really (and I mean REALLY) excited?!?! … It’s true though … shiny, CLEAN appliances that have never been used before you … that makes my heart go pitter patter … also most of the time they have warranty on them, so if something happens you won’t be out of pocket!
4. Put away the rubber gloves: Yup … as I mentioned before I’m a clean freak so the thought of not having to get down and dirty and swooping into a clean, sparkly move in ready home makes me SMILE!!!!
5. Maintenance and Repairs: You don’t even need to THINK about these for a LONG time … while a fixer upper house will more than likely require work immediately as the Palm Beach Roofing Expert for the roof and others … I guess that’s why they call it a FIXER UPPER … le sigh … recent reviews show that it is much more affordable to a Home Warranty company taking care of any repairs, although there are companies as Foundation Repairs San Antonio Tx which do a really good work at affordable prices at you can contact them at at 210-361-4489.
YAY JUSTIN!!!!! I’m so proud of you Babe!!!!!!
Congratulations Justin!!! It looks amazing, what an exciting opportunity!!
So exciting!!!! Thanks @celebritystyleguide:disqus XO
Well I guess I am one of the lucky ones. I bought into this wonderful building when they first went on sale. I am excited to see how this looks when all done.
Woooooohoooooo!!!!!!!! Congrats Rob!! I’m so excited for you, you’re going to LOVE IT!!!
Well this is all sorts of amazing! Congrats, Justin!!!
Awwww thanks @ellivenstudio:disqus XOXO
I have so much respect for you because of your honesty – yess shameless plug but we all want to celebrate and share our loved ones success!!
Hoping to see you tomorrow at YYC reno show!! 🙂
huge fan – you are such a genuine person and that shows through all you do
Yesss!!!! Thank you so much @silviasimescu:disqus!!! Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow as well! XOXO
Well, this is exciting!!! The suites look fantastic! Where do I sign?! XO
Lol!!! They really are!!
This makes me want to move to Kelowna even more! ??
LOL!!!!! It’s a beautiful little city!!!! Not that I’m biased or anything …
Super excited for all the things you guys are taking on! Giving me the itch to do some remodeling. I am sure glad you have all the energy for this. I am having a ball reading all your updates and I look forward to your next post (inspiration)!
Thanks for following along on our crazy journey @disqus_12cLi2Rwi0:disqus … there’s lots more coming!!! XOXO
absolutely LOVE You, Justin, Leo & Nacho …
being a HomeGrower, Realtor, Designer, Fitness Trainer++
i want to say Thanks for sharing all of you & inspiring us along the way
Awwww we LOVE YOU TOO @disqus_QsPFgpzNnR:disqus … thank you so much for your support and following along with our journey!!! XOXO
I love following you, Justin, Leo & Nacho on your journey together! You are such an inspiration and it brightens my day to ‘check in’. I’m in Ontario but sure wish I could meet you someday. All the best to you!
I am watching repeats of your Love it or List it episodes . Miss your show , soooo much . Googled you Julian and luckily found your posts ! So special and amazing catching up ! ,