Well, as most of you know Justin and I have been EXTREMELY busy over the last few months … together we purchased our very first fixer upper house which we have been working tirelessly on (amongst MANY others things) … but … while most of you know what I’m up to on a daily basis you don’t necessarily know just how much Justin is taking on as well!!!
That’s right … not only is he helping out MAJORLY with OUR fixer upper but he is also working on his OWN very first development project in addition to running his business, Scrub Captain!!!!!
I’m about to give you a little bit of a “sneak peek” into this project of his and you’re probably wondering WHY I’m sharing this with you … well …to be honest it’s a bit of a shameless plug as I want to support my love and HIS ventures as well!!!! I’m honestly sooo freakin proud of him!!!! The amount of work he has on his plate is insane and … the whole project is pretty damn cool!!! LOL!!!!
The development is called The Stockwell and it’s located in downtown Kelowna, our hometown!!!! They’re offering 1 and 2 bedroom homes with fresh contemporary interiors, quartz counter-tops, modern exterior finishes, stainless steel appliances … 9 foot ceilings … a community garden … ACTUALLY, I was able to spend some time with the design team and go over the finishes so it definitely has my stamp of approval!!!
Here’s what it looks like on the outside …
Even though Justin and I are taking on this massive reno of ours, there’s definitely an appeal to buying new that ALREADY has me envious of the potential homeowners of these new units!!! There’s definitely some pros and cons to both, buying new and purchasing a fixer upper … but if you’re in the market for buying a new condo here are some of the perks for you!!!
1. It’s a FRESH start: As fun as fixing something up can be … someone … or MULTIPLE families have already lived there before you!! When you buy new there will be no traces of former tenants and it’s basically a blank canvas for you to start a new chapter in your life!!
2. You get what you WANT: Lol I’m sure ALL of the ladies would agree with me here that this is IMPORTANT to us!!! Especially when you’re buying new … many developers will offer customized options, upgrades and color palette selections that allow you to put your personal touch on a new home!! Ummm YES!!!! For example … The Stockwell has 1 and 2 bedroom homes and you can literally choose between 5 floor plans that offer tranquil mountain or pleasant city views.
3. Brand NEW appliances: LOL!!! Is it weird that this gets me really (and I mean REALLY) excited?!?! … It’s true though … shiny, CLEAN appliances that have never been used before you … that makes my heart go pitter patter … also most of the time they have warranty on them, so if something happens you won’t be out of pocket!
4. Put away the rubber gloves: Yup … as I mentioned before I’m a clean freak so the thought of not having to get down and dirty and swooping into a clean, sparkly move in ready home makes me SMILE!!!!
5. Maintenance and Repairs: You don’t even need to THINK about these for a LONG time … while a fixer upper house will more than likely require work immediately as the Palm Beach Roofing Expert for the roof and others … I guess that’s why they call it a FIXER UPPER … le sigh … recent reviews show that it is much more affordable to a Home Warranty company taking care of any repairs, although there are companies as Foundation Repairs San Antonio Tx which do a really good work at affordable prices at you can contact them at at 210-361-4489.
YAY JUSTIN!!!!! I’m so proud of you Babe!!!!!!