Hi! My name is Mubina Sami. I was originally born in Faisalabad, Pakistan and my family moved to Canada back in 2000. I have four sisters (me being the 3rd child) and we lived in a very traditional house. Butter Chicken is a VERY famous dish in our household. For almost every occasion, Butter Chicken and Naan bread are either the main course for smaller gatherings or a major supporting presence in addition to a variety of other main dishes for larger gatherings. Butter Chicken is Pakistani comfort food at its finest and with this simple recipe, your cravings will no doubt be fulfilled!
Today, I am so excited to share my family’s coveted Butter Chicken Recipe with you, if you give it a try, I hope you love it as much as my family does!
- For best results, marinate the chicken (tofu) overnight.
- Use organic chicken (tofu).
- Remove the chicken marinade from the fridge 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- If using tofu, make sure to press the tofu either with a tofu presser or with a heavy object to remove any moisture (I used a tofu presser purchased from amazon).
- If you don’t want to serve with Naan bread, you can also serve with basmati rice.
Well, there you have it, my family’s famous Butter Chicken Recipe! If you decided to try it out, make sure to tag @athomewithmubina as well as @jillian.harris on Instagram so we can see your creations!