Happy Friday everyone!! Some of you may have already received this recipe via my newsletter WEEKS AGO, and if you didn’t that means that you are probably not subscribed to my newsletter or my YouTube page, so make sure to subscribe to both to receive early exclusive access to some of my favourite recipes and posts!! You can sign up for my newsletter here, and subscribe to my YouTube page here!! You never know what sort of good stuff you’ll receive ahead of everyone else!!
Anyway, for those of you who are just seeing this recipe for the first time, YOU’RE WELCOME!!! It’s a favourite in our home because it’s so incredibly easy to make and it’s DELISH!! Alright, get your grocery list ready, because you’re going to want to make this tonight!!
Ps. For those of you wondering, our range, cooktop, and microwave (which is actually built into the appliance below!) is all Miele and we got it all directly from Best Buy Canada!!! I’m a sucker for a gas cooktop and I also love the fact that our microwave is built which saves us some room in our kitchen!
- 1 small yellow onion chopped very fine
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 2 packages gnocchi (you can use any kind you like!)
- 5 cups sliced brown cremini mushrooms
- 1 tbsp Better than Boullion Vegetarian No Chicken Base Stock (If you can’t find vegan chicken stock use vegetarian!)
- 2 tbsp Yoso Garlic Cream Cheese (or any other vegan other cream cheese or you can even make your own!)
- 3 tsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups of destemmed chopped kale leaves (or 1 cup frozen chopped kale leaves)
- Saute onion, garlic, and butter, in a pan for a few minutes.
- Add the Better than Boullion stock and saute until the onions are translucent (don’t let the onion and garlic brown!).
- Add the white wine to the mixture and stir.
- Add the 5 cups of mushrooms and saute. Let everything reduce on medium to low heat so that you’re not browning anything, you just want it to get nice and soft!
- Add 2 tbsp Yoso garlic cream cheese and stir.
- Make your cream sauce while everything is simmering in your pan.
- For the cream sauce, mix together 3 tsp cornstarch, 1/3 cup nutritional yeast, and 2 cups of unsweetened almond milk. Whisk together until the cornstarch is fully dissolved.
- Add the cream sauce to the mushroom and onion mixture and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Sprinkle salt on the mixture while simmering to taste.
- Add kale to the mixture and let reduce for 2 minutes on medium
- Add a small squeeze of lemon juice once the mixture has finished simmering.
- Toss the cooked gnocchi in your pan so it can get nice and coated with the sauce and mixture. You can buy pre-made vegan gnocchi or there are some great recipes online. I usually buy the regular gnocchi but it does have eggs in it … it’s up to you how hardcore you want to take it!
- Sprinkle some fresh Italian parsley on top and serve!
What do you think?? Are you going to give it a try?? If so, make sure to snap a photo of it and share it with me on my Facebook page, or Tweet me!!
ARVE Error: Wrapper ID could not be build, please report this bug.