Hi everyone, Tori here from Fraiche Nutrition taking over the blog today. Easter long weekend is here and with it comes Easter brunch. There is still one more day left to sit back, enjoy and start the morning slow. Why not have a little bit of fun with your breakfast. These cute little bunnies are so quick and easy you’ll be able to get back to the scavenger hunt with your kids in no time. Happy Easter everyone!!!!
3 tbsp. melted butter
2 c. flour (or ½ sub whole wheat flour)
¼ c. sugar
2 ½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
2 ½ c. buttermilk
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 banana, sliced ½“ thick
½ c. fresh blueberries (or mini chocolate chips)
½ c. Greek yogurt (vanilla or coconut)
½ c. shredded coconut
- Melt the butter in a saucepan or microwave and cool.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with a fork and add the buttermilk, vanilla and cooled melted butter
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until mixed: do not over mix! It will still look lumpy. Fill a squeeze bottle with a large spout or a piping bag with batter.
- Heat a griddle or pan with a small amount of vegetable oil on medium heat, pour into separate pancake shapes of ears, and three sizes of round pancakes (do this in a circular motion with the squeeze bottle), large medium and small. This will be done in batches. Flip when the bubbles appear on the tops and the bottoms are golden brown. You will need twice as many ears and smallest circles as the large and medium circles.
- Arrange the pancakes on each plate so that the largest circle is the body, the medium circle is the head, the two smallest circles for the feet and the ears above the head. Place a slice of banana on each paw or foot and arrange the blueberries or chocolate chips for the toes. Place a dollop of yogurt for a tail and sprinkle with the coconut.