Happy New Year my loves!!! 2015 was one of the best ones yet and I cannot wait to see what’s in store for 2016. I’ll be sharing my resolutions with you later on this week but for now, wanted to start the year off on the right foot. With my favourite breakfast sandwich!!!!! Today generally starts off a little slow for most so why not make a breakfast sandwich that will leave you feeling like you’re still dreaming and your stomach full of love. All the best to you and yours in 2016!!!
Makes 2 Sandwiches
2 English Muffins
1/4 cup grated Applewood Smoked Cheddar
4 slices of Tomato
Small handful of Fresh Basil
6 slices of fresh thinly sliced Black Forest Ham (or other vegan options)
2 teaspoons Mayo
- In one lightly greased pan, on low/medium heat crack the eggs and add about 2 tablespoons of water, cover with a lid and let cook to desired hardness
- In a separate pan, cook ham until golden brown.
- Put your english muffins in the oven on broil or in a toaster to give them a good crunch.
- Assemble sandwich (put the cheese in between the egg and the ham so the heat from both melt the cheese
- Top with a little salt and pepper… and enjoy!!
How are you starting off your 2016!? Let me know in the comments below …