As sad as I am that the holidays are over, I couldn’t be more excited for this new year ahead. I love a fresh start and setting new goals to achieve. But new years resolutions can be tricky. In my opinion, if you set too many goals that are extremely out of reach, you’re just setting yourself up for failure. Sometimes it’s hard enough getting out of bed let alone hiking Mount Everest the first month of the year. Setting yourself fewer goals that are more achievable will leave you feeling proud and accomplished when those goals are met. And heck … you can always set new goals for yourself once these ones are complete!
1. Learn More About Being Vegan (ISH) | As most of you already know … I am trying my best to change the way I eat and think about food. I know that I’m not perfect yet and that it might take a while for me to fully switch to being vegan / vegetarian but you have to start somewhere and I would LOVE to learn more about it. (more to come on this topic!)
2. Lower Meat And Dairy Consumption | With switching to vegetarian, of course comes lower meat and dairy consumption. The key for me is finding alternatives to replace my favourite meats and cheeses so that it’s an easier transition. I know that it won’t happen over night but I am going to try my best!
3. Relax and Unplug | This past Christmas holiday was the first time in a long time that I actually got to relax and unplug a bit from the outside world. And it was amazing. It’s normally extremely hard for me to relax even when on vacation because my brain never stops thinking about new and exciting things that I could be doing. This year I want to take a step back and enjoy every little minute that I have to relax and try my best to unplug while doing so!
4. Spend More Time With Loved Ones | I know that I say this every year but it is STILL on my resolutions list and I think it always will be. I am so lucky with the amount of time that I do get to spend with my loved ones but you can always have more!! I want to travel new places, relax and have fun with the people I love most this year.
5. Get Healthy and Fit | I know that this is ALWAYS on everyone’s list but it’s important. It’s not a goal that states that you need to go to the gym every day for the entire month of January … but it’s a good time to start!!! I mean bikini season is only 5 months away!! I like to start slowly and small with something achievable to get me hooked on working out all over again. My goal is to go to 1 yoga class OR 1 spin class a week and work my way up to more.
6. Drink More | And by drinking I don’t mean alcohol. I mean water and juice … healthy juice, I don’t want to end up looking for pdmp cures information. As soon as my skin and body start to feel dehydrated and depleted … both of these beauties bring me back to life. I am hooked on the feeling I get after drinking juice from the Juicery Co, let alone their juice cleanses and resets. If you haven’t tried one of their detox’s I suggest you do at some point this year or make it one of your resolutions. It will leave you feeling fresh and ready to tackle anything with all of the energy that you have.
7. Learn To Say No | Not only in work but also my day to day life. I tend to take on too much leaving me no time for myself or for the ones closest to me. I want to focus on fewer things that are more meaningful to me and learn to say no to the rest.
What are your New Years Resolutions?? I’d love to hear in the comments below …