Happy Monday loves! I know Monday’s can be a bit of a drag sometimes but I find they’re a bit easier when you get yourself excited for upcoming things you have planned or are PLANNING to do this summer so I thought it would be fun to share my personal summer bucket list with you!
This year I really want to soak up the summer with friends and family in our new home, we’ve waited so long to be able to really enjoy this so I am planning on taking it all in and keeping with the staycation vibe this year! Soooo below are my top 10 summer bucket list items that I want to check off … some I may even want to check off a FEW times this summer … such as number 4 and 8! Lol …
1. Throw a few epic parties in our new yard: I’ve been counting down the days to when we could FINALLY have people over to our new place and really ENJOY it! And the time has come!! Our first party of the summer is Sammy’s baby shower followed by Leo’s FIRST BIRTHDAY!!! OMG … I. Can’t. Wait.
2. Keep it local: I’ve always been so busy commuting to and from Vancouver that I never really had the time to explore my own communithy! People always ask me where to go in Kelowna and while I have my few go-to spots I feel like I haven’t had the opportunity to really get out and explore the Okanagan!!
3. Sleep in: This might be something that a lot of people do in the summer but I haven’t slept in in a loooong time!! I typically wake up anywhere between 5-6am with Leo, it’s kind of our thing … people offer to wake up with him but I get a serious case of FOMO if I’m not the one doing it!! LOL!! I THINK I might have to actually go away for a little staycation in order to check this one off the good ‘ol bucket list! Shucks hey?!
4. Skinny dip in my pool: Thanks to the crew at Latham getting the pool liner express shipped here I’ll be skinny dippin’ in NO time. No need to elaborate here! LOL!
5. Finishing our landscaping: I freakin LOVE getting my hands dirty and working on the hard … this might just have to be followed up with a late night skinny dip … LOL!
6. Make some serious progress on the Mamas for Mamas project: As most of you know we’ve teamed up with Sticks and Stones to give the new Mamas for Mamas space a much-needed refresh! Ps. If you’re looking to support an AMAZING cause you can donate online to Mamas for Mamas here!
7. Finish decorating my house: The never ending process … LOL! I find I put something down and stare at it for a bit then move it somewhere else … this is one process that can’t be rushed!
8. Take a nap outside under the cherry tree: Because … why not??
9. Go on a road trip with my mom: I’ve been wanting to take a little mother/daughter trip to Spokane for a while now so I think this summer might just be the perfect time to finally commit to it!
10. Check out the Lavender Farm: Kelowna has a Lavender Farm and I’ve been here before but I never snapped ANY good photos!! I know … I can’t believe it either!! This year, I’m going and I’m comin’ in hot with my camera!! Stay tuned .. LOL!
What are some things you have on YOUR summer bucket list?? Do we have any of the same ideas?? Make sure to comment below!!