Hi everyone, Tori here! Now that summer weather has officially arrived we’re back on the salad train my friends! There’s nothing more refreshing than juicy pink grapefruit, perfectly paired in this Mexican-inspired salad with creamy and healthy avocados and drizzled with a bright honey lime vinaigrette. It’s basically a spa on a plate: your bikini will thank you! If you don’t like heat leave the jalapeños off, and you can substitute the oranges for more grapefruit if you wish!
- 3 large pink grapefruits, peeled (with a knife) and cut into round slices
- 2 medium oranges, peeled (with a knife) and cut into round slices
- 1 large ripe avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced lengthways
- ¼ c. thin sliced red onion
- ½ jalapeno pepper, cut into thin round slices (optional)
- ½ c. cilantro leaves
- ¼ c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice (fresh)
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. honey (or sugar if you want to make it vegan)
1. Arrange the sliced grapefruits, oranges and avocado on a medium sized platter. Randomly sprinkle the red onion, jalapeno pepper and cilantro leaves on top of the salad.
2. Mix all of the dressing ingredients together in a small jar and drizzle over the prepared salad once ready to serve. Best if eaten immediately!
Yum! This sounds like such a simple and delicious summer recipe. I’m pinning it now 😉
Jackie from Something About That