There’s no denying that this creamy vegan version of a Christmas classic certainly hits the spot with its notes of nutmeg, allspice, and ginger! This vegan eggnog is made with lots of cashews and coconut milk which makes it quite thick so a little goes a long way!! However, if you find that the eggnog is TOO thick, feel free to add more water to thin it out your desired consistency.
The best way to serve this delicious holiday treat up (in my humble opinion … LOL!) is serving it warm with rum (’tis the season, right?!) and garnished with whole cinnamon sticks or freshly grated nutmeg! It will have you (and your guests) coming back (or stumbling back?? LOL) for more!
Let’s dig into the recipe!
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight or for at least 4 hours
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 cups filtered water
- 3 pitted dates
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- Tiny pinch of ground cloves
- Pinch sea salt
- Nutmeg (optional)
- In a high speed blender, combine cashews, coconut milk, water, dates, vanilla, nutmeg, allspice and sea salt. Blend on high for 2 minutes or until creamy. Taste and adjust flavours at this point.
- You can add more nutmeg or allspice, more dates, or sea salt. If it’s too thick, add more water and blend again.
- Transfer to airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- To serve warm, transfer to sauce pan, add rum (optional) and stir over heat until warmed through. To serve cold, fill glass with ice, add rum (optional), and add eggnog. Stir to combine and serve.
There you have it!! Easy peasy and SO delish!
HO HO HO! Happy holidays!