You didn’t think Thanksgiving was going to come and go before we shared a delicious vegan dessert with you … did you?! Not a chance!! We wanted to make sure you had something ULTRA delicious to wow your friends and family with at your Thanksgiving gathering so Mackenzie (the woman of many talents) whipped up this unreal Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake to share with you!! Not only is it soooo tasty but it’s also SO EASY to prepare and super cute when served in individual jars!
Alright, let’s get right to it …
Ingredients (Makes 6 small mason jars)
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 3/4 cup puréed pumpkin, canned or homemade (NOT pumpkin pie filling!)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt.
- 2 cans coconut milk, chilled overnight (my favourite brand to use for this is Thai kitchen)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup vegan graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- Make the graham cracker crust: Preheat oven to 350. Place butter in small saucepan and melt the butter over low heat. Place graham cracker crumbs in a small mixing bowl and combine with melted butter. Spread the crumbs evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10 minutes or until fragrant and golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Make the filling: Drain and rinse soaked cashews. Place drained cashews, pumpkin, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a blender and blend on high for two minutes or until thick and creamy. Set aside.
- Make the coconut whip cream: Open can of chilled coconut milk and scrape off the top solid layer (save the liquid coconut water for smoothies!). Place solid coconut milk in a mixer and whip coconut milk. Add maple syrup, vanilla and a pinch of salt and continue to mix until light and fluffy.
- Assemble the cheesecake jars: Layer each jar with graham cracker crumbs, pumpkin filling, and coconut whip cream. Place in fridge to chill for at least 2 hours or overnight. Top with a sprinkle of nutmeg and more graham cracker crumbs. Enjoy!!!
What do you think?? Will you be giving this a try this Thanksgiving??