A New Year … a new chance to kick ass and show 2017 who’s BOSS!!!! I LOVE the start of a new year, there are so many exciting (and certainly some challenging) times ahead but I always get excited about the month of January. It’s a time to look back on 2016 and reflect on what made you most happy and make a goal to do MORE of that in 2017 … it’s also important to make yourself aware of what you would have liked to improve on going forward. It’s a FRESH start and it’s time to make yourself proud!!!
Last year one of my goals was to work smarter, not harder and spend more time with my family … I think I’ve achieved that but I also want to continue that AGAIN this year… and just keep improving!!! I also added a few more resolutions to work towards this year and I would love to share them with you!!!
1. REDUCE WASTE: I’m going to try and use reusable coffee cups with the end goal of no longer using paper cups and plastic lids! I already use the extra tall venti water cup with the straw from Starbucks and take it EVERYWHERE with me, I love drinking from a straw because you don’t need two hands to take off the lid!
2. TAKE MORE “ME TIME”: I think this is an important goal for EVERYONE. Find something that makes your soul happy and makes you feel good and make a commitment to yourself to set time aside and just do it. I would love to get into arts and crafts … or even get back into a regular routine of working out!!! Whatever I decide on, I’m going to be scheduling in that much needed “Me Time” consistently.
3. REDUCE LEATHER AND ANIMAL PRODUCTS: I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to drastically reduce if not eliminate the purchase of leather and animal products in my wardrobe and home … this is something that is so dear to my heart (I’m already a no fur gal!!!). I’m not going to lie, it’ll be a little bit of a challenge … but you have to start somewhere and it’s so worth it!!!!
4. HELP OTHERS IN NEED: There’s no better feeling than the feeling you get when you help someone in need. Every year at Christmas I like to support two families in need through the Kelowna Food Bank, but this year I would LOVE to be able to help out in other ways and support so many great causes MORE like Mamas for Mamas and BabyGoRound … it just makes me feel so amazing to be able to continue to give back!!!!
5. EASE UP ON CLEANING: Let it goooo ….. let it goooooo ……. LOL!!! It’s true, I’m a CLEAN FREAK and I’ll be the first to admit that I need to just let it GO!!! I’m going to make a huge effort to stop obsessing over the dishes and the dust and the laundry going forward … heck, I might even let the laundry pile up a little bit!!!
6. GET OUTSIDE: I absolutely love being outside and I certainly know I don’t get out there and enjoy it as much as I should. We live in such a beautiful city with so many amazing hiking trails and lakes so I need to get out there and start taking advantage of it!!!
7. HAVE MORE CONVERSATIONS: I mean REAL conversations … not email or texting … I want to pick up the phone and have an old-school conversation with my loved ones … or better yet, have more face to face conversations!!!
8. HAVE ANOTHER BABY: Which I guess means lots of practicing LOL … 😉
9. KEEP IMPROVING MY PLANT BASED LIFESTYLE: Practice makes perfect, right?!?! I’m really excited to continue my journey with my plant based lifestyle which means this year I’ll be focusing on learning more recipes, photographing them and SHARING THEM with all of you, so YOU can enjoy them too!!!!
10. MANAGE STRESS: Learning to manage stress and help my team and family do the same. I have recently hired Jamie Wood from Sanga Living and we have weekly meetings either via phone or face to face. Her main goal is to help me, and the important people in my life be the best version of themselves that they can be … all while managing their daily stresses. It has been amazing so far … for me and my team … I’m looking forward to working with her more this year and mastering my stress!!!
11. QUALITY CLOTHING OVER QUANTITY: This one is really really important to me. I’m going to start making an effort to move away from fast fashion and invest in more quality pieces when it comes to my closet. We all know certain styles come and go but there are a few KEY items that tie an outfit together and never go out of style. Investing in quality staple items will mean more of an investment initially but these items are the ones that prove to stand the test of time. The cheaper the clothing the quicker it tends to wear out which unfortunately means the quicker these items pile up in our landfills and sadly most of these clothes don’t decompose. By investing in quality clothing not only will your bank account thank you over time … but so will Mother Nature!!!!
What are some of your goals for 2017?!?! Share them with me in the comments section below!!!