Good morning BOSS MOMS!! That’s right, I meant what I said, Boss MOMS! Some of you are probably thinking, what the hell is a Boss Mom?! Well, it’s exactly like a Boss Babe but we have mini me’s! Being a mom is no easy feat … you’re thrown into a world where nothing makes sense, your grasping at straws and learning as you go, all while battling post pregnancy emotions … you’re mentally and physically different than you were before and life is CHAOS!!! Lol. The moms out there know what I’m talking about and if you don’t have children of your own yet, I’m sure some of your friends do and you’re probably witnessing some of this first hand vicariously through your friends and family.
Welp. In all of this craziness, I think it’s important for us to remember that we GREW A HUMAN AND GAVE IT LIFE and we are nothing short of BADASS!! So as soon as you start doubting yourself, stop, and remember that you’re a BOSS MOM. This is exactly why I wanted to share some simple tips and reminders with all of you Boss Mom’s out there today because I know just how hectic life can be from time to time … here we go!
1. You are still a BABE: Read that again … YOU ARE STILL A BABE! Got it?! I know what it’s like after having a baby, your body is different … you have extra lumps and bumps in places you didn’t even know existed, you lose some of your hair, you breakout, you get stretch marks, you’re emotional … you have a mom bod. But guess what?! Screw it. Screw all of it. YOU ARE STILL A BABE!! We are all so hard on ourselves and it’s time we just eased up on ourselves and embrace the damn mom bod.
2. Dress Comfortably: Yup. We all know JUST how much I love my dresses and heels but there’s nothing better than tossing on a comfy pair of sneakers and getting sh*t done!! Just because you have to kick some ass and take some names (I’m talking about errands here … lol!) doesn’t mean you can’t do it all while looking cute. I love rocking jeans, a cozy sweater, and cute sneakers like these Nike Air Max Thea Premium kicks! Not only are the ridiculously comfy and light but HELLOOOOO, they’re PINK! Lol!! Even if pink shoes aren’t your thing, you’re in luck because these Air Max Thea’s come in 5 different colours! So here’s to you, errands … you can go ahead and #KissMyAirs!!
Ps. Do you remember when Nike Air’s FIRST came out?! Lol!! I’m dating myself here but I remember everyone freaking out about how cool the see-through heel was … do you remember that?! Lol!
3. Schedule Everything: I have NO idea what my life would be like without my iCal … as I’ve mentioned in previous blogs, it’s a staple in my life. This is the only way I can stay on track with everything from work, to date nights to Leo’s naps, working out, grocery shopping, the list goes on! Chances are if something isn’t in my calendar, it won’t get done. It might seem daunting at first but trust me, when you can schedule in what you need to get done on the daily you’ll surprise yourself at how much you can get done in a day! Soon your OOTD will consist of jeans, your fave cozy sweater or tee, Nike’s, and a damn cape! You go superwoman, you GO!
4. Take Me Time: This is a MUST in order to keep your sanity and your well-being, you have to make sure to put yourself first once in a while. As I mentioned above, SCHEDULE this in for yourself! I totally do this!! Happy MOM, happy EVERYONE … am I right?! Lol. Go on and book that spa date, go out for dinner and wine with your girlfriends, hide in a closet and eat candy … whatever it is you need to do to relax your mind and feel rejuvenated, do that.
5. Be Kind To Your Body: I can’t stress enough how important it is to get enough sleep, to stay hydrated (for your health AND to get that glowing skin! WIN WIN!) and to fuel your body with proper nutritious meals. The last thing us Boss Mom’s need is to feel tired, sluggish and unhealthy. Blah!
So there you go ladies, I hope you’ve found some inspiration in this blog and pulled some useful tips and tricks to start incorporating into your routine. I want to hear from YOU now … what is your advice for other Boss Mom’s out there?? Comment below!
Ps. Some of you are probably wondering where Leo disappeared to in half of these pics but not to worry, Justin was there and he took Leo for a few photos while I was wrangling Nacho … our first babe. Lol!!!
Thank you Nike for sponsoring this post. All comments and opinions are my own.