Hawaii is one of my all-time favourite spots to vacation and that’s probably no surprise to most of you! Justin & I went last month and had the time of our lives!!! A growing number of people always ask me to share my go-to places, so I put together a list of my favourite places, acitivites, accommodations & eats on The Big Island (stay tuned for the Maui edition)…
FAVES ON THE BIG ISLAND!
TIP – RENT A 4×4 JEEP! TRUST US!
1. Camp on a volcano (Volcano House Cabins)
2. Heli Tour with Blue Hawaiian
3. Lounge by the Fairmont Orchid pool all day & play cards
4. Go off roading to MOX Beach this is a must must. if you are an avid off roader ask locals how to get there – otherwise you can park and walk about a mile in. But don’t miss this stunning beach!
5. Take the drive around the island via highway 19
6. Rainbow Falls
7. Take the scary drive down to Waipaio Beach
8. Walk the Lava Tube
9. Swim with the turtles (snorkel!)
10. Green Beach
1. Huggo’s on the beach
2. Sushi on the Rocks
3. Volcano House Restaurant
4. Browns Restaurant
5. What’s Shaken Smoothies
1. Fairmont Orchid
- you MUST book a treatment at the Spa without walls – amazing!
- the most stunning little beach on the island!
- fresh crisp updated decor
- incredible pool!
2. Volcano House
- a fun way to rough it in Hawaii
- cabins are freshly painted bright white with white linens (it’s basically “glamping”)
- have sunset dinner overlooking the crater!