Hi everyone, Erin Ireland here from Its To Die For!!! Jilly has so generously let me take over her blog for the day to share a NEW totally veganish recipe that I like to call “nice cream”!!! While browsing Jillian Harris’ Pinterest food board, one picture, in particular, halted my scrolling. It was a container full of what looked like soft butter … but it was ice cream! Lemon Curd Ice Cream to be exact. I melted at the sight of it. It had to be made!
The original recipe isn’t vegan, but it wasn’t tough to convert. A super citrusy lemon curd is the base and a healthy portion of coconut cream smooths it all out. Adding poppy seeds was an experiment that I’ll be repeating. I love their crunchiness. Hope you love this recipe as much as I do!
One batch vegan lemon curd — get the recipe here on DreamyLeaf.com
1 can coconut cream (chilled in fridge overnight)
3/4 c. non-dairy milk of your choice
1/2 c. organic cane sugar
1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
1 tbsp poppy seeds
- Start by making one batch of vegan lemon curd from dreamyleaf.com. When done, leave it in your high-powered blender as you’ll be adding remaining ingredients.
- Pull out your mixmaster and remove your coconut cream from the fridge. Flip the can upside down and open. Dump out the watery liquid (save it for a smoothie!) and scoop the remaining cream into your mixmaster bowl. Beat on high for a minute or two (until smooth and fluffy, like whip cream). Add your coconut whip to the lemon curd in the blender.
- Add non-dairy milk, sugar and salt to blender and puree until silky smooth.
- Pull out your ice cream maker and add your liquid ice cream. Let the machine work its magic for about 30 minutes (longer than my machine’s instructions recommend, but it needed that long to firm up).
- Towards the end slowly add in your poppy seeds.
- Enjoy in a cup, a cone or a bowl with a splash of almond milk.