When Leo was first born we had asked people to refrain from sending and dropping off gifts but even though we said that we were still showered with them!! And while we weren’t in need of anything, in particular, I remember a few things that really stood out to us and those were the items that were personalized gifts with Leo’s name on them! There’s just something about getting a gift with your name on it, right?! LOL. I find that gifts like these hold sentimental value and can also double as keepsakes!
A few short months after Leo’s birth we were introduced to a company called My 1st Years and being a new mom, anything that is baby related just melts my heart so I had to check them out! I went online and scoured through their items and it hit me, this is the perfect place to get baby shower gifts or birthday gifts for the little ones because there are so many different options of items at so many price points, but the best thing about this company is that they personalize EVERYTHING!! And also for the fact that you can shop their products in your underwear at home while sipping a coffee (or a Mimosa, no judgment here!) because they’re all online. It’s the simple things in life … LOL!!
I thought it would be fun to go through their site and select my top 5 favourite items that I think would make the perfect (and PRACTICAL) gift for a little one … and gifts that also help out the mama of the house a little! Cough … the storage bags … cough … I wanted to do this because I always think I have so much time to plan out the perfect baby shower gift until the day is almost here and then I find myself scrambling to come up with something fun and unique and I figured some of you probably do the exact same thing as I do, so hopefully this little list will be a nice reference to look back on when those days pop up … just make sure to give yourself enough time for shipping!! LOL!!!
When My 1st Years sent our package the first thing I noticed upon opening everything is that the quality of the products was amazing! And, my favourite part about them is that they come in these cute blue boxes which are also great for gifting because you don’t need to wrap them and the boxes can be reused if you like!
1. Table and Chairs: Every little one needs his or her own designated colouring, playdough-ing (lol), and story telling spot! This little set of table and chairs are so cute and the perfect height. We have our chairs engraved with Leo’s name and Nacho’s name. LOL! We couldn’t resist. Our fur baby needed some lovin too!
2. Musical Instruments: The wooden xylophone is the best, Leo loved playing around with it … he really took to the sticks over everything else. LOL!! It’s engraved with “Hit It, Leo” and doubles as seriously cute decor for his room!
3. Bags/Baskets: I use bags and baskets like crazy, they’re perfect storage containers for blankets, toys, books, etc. This mama likes hiding clutter!! Plus they look cute!
4. Clothing: From onesie’s to t-shirts to robes, you can get these adorable little pieces of clothing personalized with anything you want, click here to find out how you can print out the designs you want! These are great keepsakes and could also be good for baby announcements! Note to future self??
5. Ride on Cars: These little cars are WAY too cute! It was actually my favourite but it DID take a while to put together so I would suggest sending it to yourself first, putting it together and then gifting it! Another reason I fell in love with it … it matches my decor! LOL!
Welp. What do you think?? Pretty darn cute, right?! Make sure to swing by their site and take a look at all of the other options they have, the amount of product is crazy!! If you come across something you love that isn’t listed above, make sure to share it with us below in the comments section!!
Thank you My 1st Years for sponsoring this post. All comments and opinions are my own.