With all of this cold weather now upon us, nothing beats warm homemade meals. And a meal isn’t a meal without desert…right!? This bourbon infused peach bread pudding is the perfect cherry on top after any meal or is a great desert to bring to dinner parties. Add in the fruit of the season to put your own twist on it and make it perfect year round. As soon as winter hits my taste buds turn from salads to warm comfort foods full of flavour. This bread pudding was a crowd pleaser in my family and kept our bellies warm and full!! I will definitely be making this all winter long … make it ahead of time to save yourself some time to mingle with friends and family.
8 cups lightly packed cubed Villaggio Toscana (cut into 1” cubes)
4 eggs, lightly beaten
5 cups whole milk
1 Tbsp. vanilla
¼ tsp. sea salt
½ cup maple syrup
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. nutmeg
¾ cup brown sugar
4 cups diced fresh peaches (peeled)
1. Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a 9×13” baking pan.
2. Place the cubed Villaggio Toscana in a large bowl.
3. In another large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, salt, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar. Pour this mixture on top of the Villaggio Toscana and gently stir to coat. Fold in the peaches, pour into the prepared pan and let it sit for 5-10 minutes before placing into the oven.
4. Bake for one hour, remove from the oven, and let it sit to cool at room temperature.
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup melted butter
¾ cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
3 Tbsp. bourbon whiskey
1. While the pudding is baking, place the beaten egg in a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan (off of the heat) and slowly add the melted butter, whisking while adding. Whisk in the brown sugar, vanilla and bourbon and stir over low heat until the sugar is dissolved and the sauce starts to slightly thicken.
2. Pour the sauce over the bread pudding and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
My friend Monika Hibbs and I will be hosting a Twitter Party with Villaggio on November 24th at 9PM EST. We’ll be giving away great prizes!!! To win … you must RSVP with your Twitter handle (including the @ sign) in the comments section of this post, and join me on Twitter as we share our favourite recipes form the Toscana Taste Off! Make sure to post your Twitter handle before 4pm PST November 24th to be eligible for the prize! Rules and regulations here. See you then!
What’s your favourite winter dessert!? Let me know in the comments below with your Twitter handle…